Sunday, August 19, 2012

Self imposed ADD?

I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  (In this case, the old dog is me.)  I have a bad habit of writing two or three e-mails at once.  I don't like sitting at my desk for long stretches, so I'll start an e-mail, wander off and chop a frame, add a few lines to the e-mail, wander off to build the frame, do some research for the e-mail, wander off to cut mats, etc.  I can't tell you how many times I've wandered off - only to find that Windows has shut my computer down for some kind of update and I've lost all the unsaved e-mails.  I KNOW I should save them in draft every time I get up from my desk, but, let's face it, that's kind of a drag.  So.  I find myself apologizing once again.  I know there are at least two queries that I missed this week, but I'm still hopeful that I'll find them and get back to you.  Sorry.
Midge discovered crickets this week. My Midge is a natural hunter.  Once she figures out where it is, she'll point for hours. She's getting better about not catching and eating them.  (Or maybe I'm just better at not letting her.)  I'm reminded of the first time I left her home with my husband babysitting.  A couple of hours in, I got a frantic phone call and had to rush home to soothe them both.  It seems that Midge had caught and eaten a grasshopper while dad wasn't paying attention and then she cried as the pokey grasshopper parts caused her distress.  When I got home I didn't know who was worse off - Midge or him!  It's amazing that any of us ever survives puppyhood!

The memory card from my camera went bad last week, so I know there are a few pieces that slipped out the door without getting photographed, but here are some of the pieces we've finished since the last post.  It's been so long since I posted that I can't remember what I've shown you and what I haven't, so if you've seen it before, forgive me.
Until next time,
Jill
Can you stand it?















2 comments:

Jannie said...

Hi Jill - 37 days! ( - : Love the Raven or Blackbird framing and matting and the baby (is that a baby fairy?). Great stuff. Thx for sharing.

MysteryKnitter said...

I like the Autumn one and the Hannah one.