Saturday, October 13, 2012

While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads...


Shepherd's Bush Retreat 2012 
I can't believe it's been two weeks since retreat!  I still haven't recovered.  It's a little like the day after Christmas.  (only there aren't any new toys to play with) You work really hard for months to make it perfect and then it's over.   There's nothing left to do but clean up the bits of wrapping paper and get ready for the new year.

As most of my customers are of the mail-order persuasion,  I can't ever put a face with a name. This retreat I decided to start a "face" database.   I took photos of as many of the retreat participants as I could.  Now, when I pull up a customer file I'll have a smiling face to look at.  I gave myself a coronary last weekend when I went to download the photos to the computer.  I put the card into the reader and the file had disappeared! My heart sank.  Three days of photographing and labelling all gone in the blink of an eye.  How relieved I was to find that I had inadvertently picked up my husband's camera (his looks just like mine) and I was looking at the wrong card!

Midge and Gidget really enjoyed meeting everyone, but I think they got a little worn out by the end of the week.
The girls are nestled all snug in their bed.

Since this year's theme was home for the holidays, I decided to pay homage to Christmases from my past.  Pretty Christmas candy, colored lights, and glittery ornaments.  I even dug up my Mother's Christmas skirt that I remember her wearing to the office parties back when I was a little girl.

My dirty little secret is that I'm going to leave the decorations up until January.  I may intersperse a few bats and maybe a pumpkin or two, but, as I'll have my nose to the grindstone and have no time for decorating, It's a Christmas fantasy land at Rensel Studio for the next three months.
 




 



 And now I must get back to the tasks at hand.  Merry Retreat one and all.
Jill
 
 

 

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Ohhhh I remember each and every decoration when I was there in your shop....dropping off 2 of my projects to be framed.

I had SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME visiting with you. Now...to get the Air Force to get us stationed up there so I can visit you more often would be MY DREAM military assignment!

Keep up the great work Jill!!!

Cheryl Gregoire said...

I so enjoyed my visit to your wonderful shop. The goodies were delicious and your darling pups were adorable. Can't wait to come back in 2 years.

Anonymous said...

wow.. looks like Candyland and Christmastown met at Rensel Studio!
thank you for sharing so many good pictures, maybe next time you'll snap a picture of me as well!
have a nice weekend,
chiara