Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saying Goodbye To Old Friends

I can't help myself.  I get attached to beautiful things.  It's deeply ingrained in my basic nature.  I must have been a packrat in a previous life.  If it's pretty and shiny, I want it nearby so I can enjoy it.  Because of this tendency,  I have a hard time letting go of things that are no longer useful (or even pretty).  Those of you who have seen the studio know what I'm talking about.

There's a fine line between being a "collector" and a "hoarder", so, in an effort to keep that line distinct, I've made the decision to do some spring cleaning.  I finally got the courage to get rid of my little yellow car.  I had crunched her on a cold day in December and stored her in the shipping room for years thinking that I would have someone rebuild her, but I've finally faced the fact that I don't have the energy or the means to put her back together again.  So,  goodbye dear friend.  I'll miss you.


I've fallen behind showing you what we've accomplished in the last few weeks, so here are the pieces we shipped the week before last.
Hugs and puppy kisses,
Jill




















6 comments:

Christina said...

I am always in awe of the beautiful work you show us every week.

I have to becareful too, I can go over the line between saving and being a packrat. I can sympathize.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

C'est vraiment magnifique !! sublime ! bisous de FRANCE

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, lots of samplers this week, Jill. You've done a great job, as always.

valerie said...

So sorry to hear you had to get rid of your precious car. It's so cute! Great work as usual Jill! :)

Unknown said...

Jill,
Just found your blog!!Love your work and your blog, btw, do you know what pattern #10. It is really cute and of course I've never seen it.
Eileen
Kranberry Kupboard

MysteryKnitter said...

I like the house ones, be it from inside or outside.