Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Dog's Life

I walked out the front door this morning with a yorkie under each arm and our brick-mason asked me in surprise, "Do you get to take your dogs to work every day?" And then as an afterthought he said, " I wish I could come back in the next life as a little Maltese or something." - intimating that he's jealous of the way little dogs get treated.  I can't tell you how many times I've been told that by some man who's feeling sorry for himself because he's not treated as well as the dog.   I simply do not understand why it's so hard for them to see that if they behaved like that beloved Maltese, the woman in their life would sweet talk them all day long!

It's as simple as this:

  • Act excited to see me when I walk through the door at the end of a day.
  • Be genuinely grateful to get a hot meal or an extra treat
  • Snuggle up in the bed as if it's the best part of your day
  • Say you're sorry when you've been bad
  • Forgive me easily when I've snapped at you
  • Stick around and worry about me when I've had a bad day
  • Protect me from threats - real or imagined
  • Don't leave your "crap" all over the house
See? Simple.  We women understand it so easily but it's just such a foreign thought to men!
(Not that I imagine there are many men reading this blog at this moment!)  I guess I just thought I had to put it out there in case.

I didn't get much shipped last week, but I'm pleased to say that the Great Computer Crisis of 2012 is now officially over.  My data is intact, I just have to find it all!

Here's what we got shipped out last week.
Hang on to your britches for the next post because we've been in overdrive this week.
Until then,
Jill





7 comments:

Denise said...

I agree! I wish all the men in my life were as easy to deal with as my dogs!

Christina said...

Glad your computer crisis is over. Lovely work as usual.

mdgtjulie said...

Nice job, Jill. I love the Christmas tree one especially. Maybe we should take out a full page add in a newspaper to get the point across...

dxponhs1 said...

You crack me up Jill! I want my husband to read this post. I may be sending you a few things soon if you don't mind. I'll email you, Dawn

Cari said...

FABULOUS work Miss Jill. I got to see Oh, Christmas Tree in person this afternoon. The owner, my neighbor, is delighted. It is simply stunning !!! Good Work once again !! Hugs dear friend....

Parisbreakfasts said...

Boy did you get that right
There's a book here for sure
How to domesticate the average male animal?

MysteryKnitter said...

I love the R & J one.