Saturday, April 30, 2011

Life outside the studio

One of the delights of working with my amazing crew is taking a break to have a snack.  It's been so much fun to find and share recipes with them that I thought it would be fun to share with all of you as well.  Thus, this  week I've added a new page.  Recipes.  As I spend most of my time working, I find that I prefer to feed my family recipes that take only moments to prepare or that I can make in bulk and freeze for another day.  For the first recipe, I've posted Cornbread Casserole.  I love cornbread but am sometimes disappointed by a dry crumbly piece.  This recipe solves that problem.  It's always moist and it's delicious covered in honey.

Midge and Gidget are so grown up that I miss their puppy antics.  I'm delighted that Midge will still eat any flower she finds (this week it's tulips) and that all it takes to get Gidget in a playful mood is a little baby talk.  Moments ago my precariously hanging coat (It's suddenly winter again) fell on the floor and after a good bark they both took advantage of a soft spot on which to nap.

Now for work...Here are this week's highlights.
Enjoy.
Jill








9 comments:

Wendy said...

Again, such lovely pieces! That Chatelaine must be huge! Well done stitchers and Jill!

Brenda said...

There it is!!! My Resurrection piece finally framed!!! Of course....I have it here now but I'm sooo honored to have it showing on your blog!!!!

Thank you sooo much Jill! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Isabelle said...

How many lovely pieces !
I wish you a very joyful 1st of May :-)
Greeting from Isabelle

Fiona said...

Everything looks great as always. Your little dogs sound so entertaining.

Laura said...

Woo hoo! My Lord's Prayer sampler! Looks great; I bet it looks even better in person. Thank you!

Katrina said...

Everything is gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to send you my newest finish. You can see it on my blog http://theneedlespromise.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

Jill! We need a new blog post now from you. Don't make me come down there. lol

mdgtjulie said...

Beautiful pieces Jill. I just found your blog! I knew you were out there, from Karen Rife, whom you've cut mats for. I was hoping to have you cut a mat for me, but I don't know how to go about ordering one. Can you let me know? I'd appreciate it! TIA!! Hope you're having a great week!

MysteryKnitter said...

That big, red flower with blue background is awesome.