Monday, April 18, 2016

I've been so fortunate in my life to have had very few experiences with mortality.  Other than a couple of ex-boyfriends and a dozen or so beloved pets, I haven't lost anyone near and dear to me.  The last few months, however, have made me very conscious of the circle of life.  This week, I learned that this world lost an amazing, unbelievably generous, creative, talented, spirited woman who I was fortunate enough to call my friend.  As I try to come to terms with the loss of such a young vibrant woman, I would like to show you some of the work that I had the joy of framing for her and she had the joy of stitching.  Patricia Boggs, I love your guts.

Jill













11 comments:

Cari said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Jill. Her work is lovely and your framing brought it all to the next level. Hugs to you !!

Claudia said...

I'm so sorry you have lost a good friend. it's always hard when a close friend or a family member passes. I pray she remains close to you in your heart. I can see that she had a lot of joy through the very happy pieces she stitched and that you finished. May God draw you close to Him as you go through these days ahead. Claudia B.

Barb said...

Oh Jill, I, too, am so sorry for your loss. I think all of us will wrap you in our arms to give you comfort and know that'we are out there sending you our love and strength. It is never easy to lose a friend or loved one in any way - my sincerest condolences to you.

Christina said...

My condolences. You both created beautiful pieces.

Jennifer Davis said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Jill. You both created such beautiful pieces.

Lynn said...

Jill, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

The Crafty Princess said...

I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. She has left some beautiful work behind as her legacy, as well as a beautiful friend.
xo Alicia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Her work is beautiful, she obviously loved Christmas!

Heritage Hall said...

Jill ~ Wishing you the perfect healing of your heart. By her work,
one can imagine the beautiful soul of your Friend and by your finishing, the respect and love you gave to her; two very talented
ladies. Think of her as Heaven's gain.

diamondc said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend.
Thank-you for sharing with us.

Blessings
Catherine

MysteryKnitter said...

I am sorry for your loss, J, and thank you for telling us. *hug*