Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The year of being grown-up.

I have a lovely friend who told me years ago, "You don't have to grow up."  Up until now I've thought that was very good advice.  Well, in the face of all the responsibilities the universe is sending my way, I've decided to just go ahead and do it.  This is my year of being a grown-up.  To be directly followed by a year of being a self-absorbed adolescent.  Every day of 2016 I will do something responsible, or important, or good for me.  By the end of the year, I will have earned a little time off.

I woke up Monday morning thinking "I can't handle one more thing."  Sure enough, my studio phone line went down.  Turns out, I could handle one more thing.  I don't know when it'll be fixed, but we're forwarding the calls to my cell phone.  If you can't reach me, please try again.

As well as the grown-up chores, we pulled off some good, creative fun last week.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Jill



 

















14 comments:

Christina said...

Amazing work as always.

http://jessicamcneil.co.uk said...

Absolutely all works are gorgeous! I think that you should have dedicated separate blog post to each of these creations! Most of all I loved the one with mermaids and white hearts on a brown background.

Barb said...

It's not too easy to be a grown up sometimes, is it? Just do the best you can and then let it go.

Your beautiful framing/artwork is absolutely gorgeous! You never fail to bring out the absolute best in every piece - your talent is such a gift!

Truly special - thanks for sharing these photos with us.

Le crocette di Mariuccia said...

Very very nice works! Mariuccia

Karen said...

Always such beautiful framing. It's so interesting to see the same piece framed different ways.

Anonymous said...

Stunning work as usual. Just take it one day at a time..you'll be amazed how much you accomplish and how you shine through it all.!

Clare said...

Amazing stitching and what wonderful textured frames. Happy Stitchng.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Gorgeous work as always ! and my walls can prove it. Will be sending a piece your way in a day or two ! as always thank you for sharing! Pam, Pinckney, Michigan.

Carol C said...

Jaw dropping, amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, lovely, lovely.

Thanks for sharing!
Carol C

Unknown said...

Nope...not going to ever be a grown up. Definitely overrated.

Unknown said...

AMAZING. I do look so forward to see ing all your creative talents that accent the stitching just beautifully. What artistic talent your are blessed with. Love them.

Unknown said...

AMAZING. I do look so forward to see ing all your creative talents that accent the stitching just beautifully. What artistic talent your are blessed with. Love them.

MysteryKnitter said...

I like the Spring one.

MysteryKnitter said...

I like the lady with feathers in her hand. I like the white hearts on the nougat colored fabric too. Awesome!