Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Attitude of Gratitude


It had warmed up to about 10 degrees when I left the house this morning.  Here's what I can find to be grateful for today.

  • When it's this cold, you can still eat your favorite Farr ice cream if you add a little hot fudge and chase it with a great cup of coffee. (Thank you my new friends Crystal and Stefania)
  • When it's this cold, the sunshine feels glorious.
  • When it's this cold, the snow doesn't stick to long Yorkie fur.
  • When it's this cold, the roof doesn't leak
  • When it's this cold Midge and Gidget don't dilly dally when we take a potty break.
  • When it's this cold, going home to an electric blanket is a glorious, extravagant vacation.
  • When it's this cold, I'm glad I'm not homeless, a postman, or the guy that works at the top of the power pole.
I could go on for days, but you all get my point about the attitude of gratitude.  Even on the days that it's hard to get out of bed, I feel so blessed to have a bed to get out of.

Here are more of the pieces that I havent' showed you yet - and a few we sent out this week.
I wish a happy and prosperous new year to all of you.
Jill

This piece was a Christmas present for a young boy.  I tried to make the framing fun without being too "cute".  The intent is that it will grow with him and he'll love it so much it will grace his college dorm room someday.

And this piece is a lovely frosty example of "Stargazer" by Bernice.  I think the chilly wintery wind effect came off beautifully.





And here is an incredible feat of stitchery by my friend Karen.  I am terribly angry with myself for letting her "Portraits of Deliverance" leave the building without a photo.  I'm hoping she'll bring it back one day so I can post it and properly gush about her stitching accomplishments.  Let me just say, the woman is a dynamo.  

And, before you ask... I CANNOT ship something this large without plucking myself bald.  I will happily
give your framer details on how to get mouldings, but it takes years off my life to pack and ship something
this intense.





And here's a fun print that was purchased on a trip to that very grove.  The leaves were collected at that grove and we framed the whole thing as a memento of a wonderful vacation.

 A fun finish for Her World.


And last, I thought you'd like to see where the Celtic wedding sampler lives.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wear did the fabric for stargazer come from. Please share. It is so beautiful. Just the ticket.

Christina said...

Everything is wonderful as always. Love the leaves, what a great idea.

Vanessa said...

The fabric is a Sunny Dyes.

SnowySticher said...

Jill has made my Stargazer sooooo beautiful and the fabric is from Sunny Dyes and is called Mummy's Curse

Jannie said...

How lovely are these framed projects? I love the big piece and the Stargazer. But the leaves! What an idea! Thx for sharing.

MysteryKnitter said...

I like the forest one and the simple leave in the frames.