Saturday, March 26, 2011

Looking back

This week, I got a 32 gig flashdrive with which to back up my data only to realize I'm a data hog.  I couldn't fit all my photos on it.  I then spent hours deleting redundant photos.  As I wade through years worth of photos documenting our work, I can't help but be amazed at the quantity.  When I look back at all that work, man am I tired!  It's been a productive ride.  I plan to eventually get many more of these examples of our
work put in their proper place on this blog, but for now...baby steps.

This week's highlights were really fun to create and really difficult to photograph.  I just can't seem to do some
of the frame choices justice.  The tall sampler has a particularly lovely frame that really repeats the motifs in the needlework, but I just can't seem to get that kind of detail.

Little Midge is still obsessed with my lone Daffodil.  She climbed atop a brick to put her little nose in it today
and brought to mind a circus elephant on a tiny stool.  I just can't stand it she's so sweet.  My Gidget has developed a stubborn streak and she will suddenly plant all fours like a bullheaded donkey and refuse to budge.  What she lacks in size she makes up for in determination.
Until next week - all my best stitching wishes,
Jill




7 comments:

Cathy Lloyd said...

So happy you have a blog Jill! Wahoo! Love looking at all your beautiful work! Your yorkies are so cute! Thank you for all you do for the stitching world! We all ♥ you!

Wendy said...

So looking forward to work from the past that you've done, Jill. Thank you for creating a blog, it's total eye candy!

Fiona said...

Everything looks fantastic, as always. Your two puppies are just too cute.

Unknown said...

All of them look great but I am drawn to the first one. It's amazing!

Katrina said...

Wow Jill, your puppies are too sweet!!!! And I love mine, pictures just don't do them justice. I already have them hung on the wall :-).

Isabelle said...

Wow Jill : your puppies are so cute and I have also one yorky like your black one :-) They are so sweet companions !!
Your framing is just gorgeous and I always admire your work so perfect .
I wish you a nice week-end,
Isabelle

MysteryKnitter said...

G and M sound like cute dogs.